Privacy in using Google account

One of our classmates mentioned that Gmail context-sensitive advertisement in tutorial, which makes me concerned about the privacy in our email. I used hotmail for ages and recently I signed a Google account for publishing post in blogger, and I found that it’s so convenient to own a Google account, which is functional and various tool for users. I think that is the reason why so many people have a Google account. iGoogle also has been personalized in my setting. There are BBC News, YouTube, weather in Auckland and a web game on my iGoogle. As people always said I search from the internet to nowadays I Google something on the web. The big difference is the Google already become a mainstream search engine. Why is Google? I use Google scholar to search books for a research essay. It can adds any book to my digital library. It saves lots of time to go to the university library. And Google translate also helps me read some second language books much easy. However, Gmail is also my new landand not discovered fully. I never write any personal information or private message to people because it’s not necessary to consider about its privacy. As context-sensitive ads become a new tendency used in our mails, I would like to say our privacy has been digitalized and analyzed from words transfer to a number. Its physically transform which make me have a deep think. Even Google company said they will never publish our privacy or protect our privacy at the first place, how can I know if it is true. Although, we use email to contact and communicates with our friends, and I don’t like my content being highlighted and auto-send similar contents to you. It looks like our privacy little secret space infringed and opened by ‘watcher’.therefore, I have to suggest that we need a real privacy in life.

0 comments: