robots, love and grannys?

Recently on the news there has been several reports of robots taking over everyday human activities. While news like this is hardly surprising two things were. One for being "love and sex" robots and the other for robots to take care of the elderly. While the sex robot is something that might be made the robots for elderly is something that is apparently already in a work in progress. This got me thinking. Is it right to leave granny or grandad in the care of robots? The way I see it, seems like careless abandonment. While sure they maybe be able to clean around the house and so forth but what about emotional needs? If Granny is feeling down a robot maybe programmed to say "that's too bad" but they can not really give emotional support to a human. It was surprising to hear about something that it was already a plan in motion. Now while I realise this may not have much to do about the classes it is still technology within the media and for all we know it may affect us in the near or far future (seems nearer really) I at least know that I will not be leaving my Grandmother..or my parents for that matter in the care of robots.

0 comments: