facebook a relationship killer?

I am one of the many addicted university students to facebook. However while getting my daily fix of nzherald.com I stumbled upon this particular article, with the headline "has facebook ruined a relationship of yours?" As I thought about it I came to realise that indeed, facebook can be a catalyst in to arguments about a relationship. For example, two of my friends who are in a relationship, lets call them Jane and John Doe for reasons that I do not want to expose them. Johns ex girlfriend recently added him on facebook, and much to Janes disgust he accepted. Johns ex is now sending wall post to John. This has further infuriated Jane, who now thinks John much prefers his ex girlfriend. Now while I think its a over reaction, it got me thinking, if you accept your ex boyfriend or even indeed another attractive person, your significant other may indeed have a over reaction and begin to question the relationship. I guess the problem here could lie in that people are beginning to rely on networking sites as the main form of communication in a relationship and fail to talk about issues outside of these network sites.
Just a thought really.
Oh and if anyones interested this is the link to the article http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/your-views/2009/8/13/has-facebook-ruined-relationship-yours/?c_id=1501154

0 comments: